Step into a BODYCOMBAT workout and you’ll punch and kick your way to fitness, burning up to 740 calories* along the way. This high-energy martial-arts inspired workout is totally non-contact and there are no complex moves to master. A LES MILLS™ instructor will challenge you to up the intensity and motivate you to make the most of every round. You’ll release stress, have a blast and feel like a champ.
A typical BODYCOMBAT takes you through the ultimate warrior workout! The following is an hour class format
1A. Upper Body Warm Up - Focus on strikes (i.e. jab, cross, uppercuts, hooks)
1B. Lower Body Warm Up - Focus on basic kick strikes to further warm the body.
1C. Integrated Warm Up - Basic MMA conditioning to complete a total body warmup.
2. Combat Training 1 - Begin to visualize an opponent and fight using upper and lower body combinations
3. Power Training 1 - Create a training environment and focus on improving enduarnce, speed and coordination.
4. Combat 2 - To condition the legs in order to enhance the kicks
5. Power Training 2 - MMA Conditioning - create a training environment with different orientations and enjoy training with others
6. Combat 3 - An opportunity to recover using fight style combinations
7. Muay Thai - This combat style offers a unique discipline and feel. Speed and dynamics are the key objectives
8. Power Training 3 - To give everything you have and feel exhilarated at the end.
9. Core Conditioning - Build strength and endurance
10. Cool Down