BODYFLOW is the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centered and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance.
A Typical Class:
Each class is made up of 45 minutes of simple but challenging exercises, followed by 10 minutes of relaxation and meditation.
1. Tai Chi Warm-up - Uses easy, flowing moves from this ancient Chinese exercise discipline to let you leave your day behind, center yourself and warm your body.
2. Sun Salutations - A traditional yoga sequence is used in this section to warm your body more deeply, stretching and strengthening key muscle groups.
3. Yoga Standing Strength - Poses such as warrior pose and triangle pose strengthen and tone your body.
4. Balances - Uses your powers of concentration to meet the challenge of these balancing poses.
5. Hip Openers - Focuses on stretches to produce greater flexibility and freedom of movement in the hips and lower back.
6. Core Work - Pilates and yoga exercises are used to strengthen the key core abdominal and back muscles.
7. Twists and Forward Bends - Poses and stretches to create suppleness and flexibility in the hamstrings and back.
8. Relaxation and Meditation - The final 10 minutes are set aside for the widely acknowledged mental and physiological benefits of meditation which also enhances the effects of the exercise.